Hey everyone! Welcome back to another fresh topic from Class 10 English at Assamese Medium. Today in the topic, we are going to discuss all the important textual question answers from Class 10 English Chapter 3 Assamese Medium.
Basically Class 10 English Chapter 3 “Two Stories about Flying” is divided into two small parts as “His First Flight” and “Black Aeroplane.”
We have added the important textual question answers from Class 10 English Chapter 3 in two groups. In first section we have discussed on ‘His First Flight’ and in second section we have added all QnA from ‘Black Aeroplane’.
All Question Answers from ‘His First Flight’
1. Why was the young seagull afraid to fly? Do you think all young birds are afraid to make their first flight or are some birds mare timid than others? Do you think a human body also finds it challenge to take its first step?
Ans: The young seagull was feared of falling and hurting himself, thus he was afraid to fly. He had lack of confidence on his wings that it would not support him while flying.
It is natural to do something for the first time as it is full of challenge. All birds must be afraid to make their first flight. Similarly a human body is also afraid of taking the first step and fined it challenging when he learns to crawl all stand up without support.
2. “The sight of the food maddens him.” what does this suggest? What compelled the young seagull to finally fly?
Ans: The young seagull who suffered from Hunger became so happy after seeing the food before his eyes that his mother carried in her beak. His hunger overpowered his fear of the great expanse of sea beneath the cliff and compelled him to fly.
3. They were beckoning to him, calling shrilly. Why did the seagull’s father and mother threaten him and cajole him to fly?
Ans: seagull’s parents had tried everything but he was reluctant to fly due to fear of falling down. He looked at his brothers and sisters but would not make any efforts. That is why the entire family had left him alone and threatened and cajoled him to come but every effort went in vein.
4. Have you ever had a similar experience where your parents encouraged you to do something that you were too scared to try? Discuss this in pairs or groups.
Ans: Yes I had a similar experience while learning to ride a bicycle in class 3. At the very first step of learning, I fell down from the cycle every time and it creates a fear of cycling and later it became difficult to overcome it. No amount of provoking and cajoling could let me try it again, but my father encouraged me to overcome the fear and helped me as he was an adamant on my learning cycling. He took me on a mound near village and made me sit and asked me to put my hands on the handle and feet on the paddle. The speed down and I enjoyed it without fear which developed my confidence. Thus I overcame my fear of cycling and started riding a cycle after a few practice.
5. In the case of a bird flying seems a natural act and a foregone conclusion that it should succeed. In the example you have given in answer to the previous question, were your success guaranteed or were it important for you to try, regardless of a possibility of failure?
Ans: We face some problems in the initial stage while learning new skill. Due to the fear of failure we hesitate to perform a task or to do something new. In case of the seagul his parents cajoled him to fly. In the example I have given in the answer of previous question I was cajoled by my father to learn cycling. So at that stage, I want to learn cycling as it was very important for me to overcome my fear. Yes my success was guaranteed because if someone is determined to do something then success is assured. Moreover as said, practice makes a man perfect.
All Question Answers from ‘The black Aeroplane’
1. “I will take the risk”. What is the risk? Why does the narrator take it? ”
Ans: A huge storm was brewing up and the author was keen to reach his home to spend his holiday with his family, so he decided to fly through the storm as he did not want to miss the chance to meet his family at breakfast. Thus he took the risk even when the visibility was almost zero in the storm.
2. Describe the narrator’s experience as he flew the aeroplane into the storm.
Ans: As the pilot entered the storm, his plane started jumping and twisting. He could not see anything outside the plane as it was black. When he looked at compass and other instruments they had stopped to function due to storm. It was a terrible and fearsome experience for him. The fuel tank was almost empty and he could not fly more than 10 minutes. Then his saw another black aeroplane by his side and the pilot of the plane signaled him to follow. It was a surprise for the narrator is the other black plane I was having not light. He followed him without any choice and landed safely on the runway.
3. Why does the narrator say, “I landed and was not sorry to talk away from the old Dakota?”
Ans: Seagull’s parents had tried everything but he was reluctant to fly due to fear of falling down. He looked at his brothers and sister but would not make any efforts. That is why the whole family had left him alone and threatened and cajoled him to come but every effort went in vein.
4. What made the woman in the control centre look at the narrator strangely?
Ans: The woman in the control center looked at the narrator strangely because the narrator asked about the black Aeroplane and she saw no one except the narrator’s in the sky during the storm. Even the radar showed only the narrator’s plan that night in the sky.
5. Who do you think helped the narrator to reach safely? Discuss this among yourselves and give reasons for your answer.
Ans: It is very difficult to say about the unknown pilot who helps the narrator. But probably it was the narrator himself that help him to overcome the fear in the storm as no other plane was seen in the radar except the narrator’s Dakata plane. In that fear some situation he might have been hallucinating. He himself was a good pilot and Brave enough who helped himself land safely.
Conclusion on Class 10 English Chapter 3
Still now at AssameseMadium.Com, we have discussed Chapter 1, Chapter 2 from Class 10 English. Today we have added all the important question answers from Class 10 English Chapter 3.
In future we will update this topic by adding the most important additional question answers for upcoming examination. If you wish to get notification for that updates, you can Follow Us on Assamese Medium Facebook Page.