আপুনি যদি অসম চৰকাৰৰ দ্বাৰা পৰিচালিত চৰকাৰী বিদ্যালয়ত ষষ্ট মান শ্ৰেণীত পঢ়ি আছে আৰু আজি আপুনি ইয়াত Class 6 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer in English বিচাৰি আহিছে, তেন্তে চিন্তাৰ কোনো কাৰণ নাই।
আমি আপোনালোকৰ বাবে Assamese Medium নামৰ এই শিক্ষামূলক ৱেবছাইটত SCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer in English লৈ আহিছোঁ। আপুনি সম্পূৰ্ণ পাঠ্যপুথিৰ প্ৰশ্ন উত্তৰ ইয়াতে পাব।
Class 6 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer in English 2023
অসমৰ চৰকাৰী বিদ্যালয় ষষ্ট মান শ্ৰেণীৰ বিজ্ঞান বিষয়ৰ পঞ্চম অধ্যায় (Separation of Substances Question Answer) তথা Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Question Answer in English ত আমি Textual Question Answer দিয়াৰ লগতে আমি আপোনালোকৰ বাবে কিছু গুৰুত্বপূৰ্ণ অতিৰিক্ত প্ৰশ্ন উত্তৰ দিবলৈ প্ৰয়াস কৰিছো।
আশা কৰোঁ আপোনালোকে এই লিখনিৰ জৰিয়তে বহু প্ৰকাৰে উপকাৰী হব। তেন্তে আহক কোনো সময় নষ্ট নকৰাকৈ আজি আমি Separation of Substances Question Answer তথা Class 6 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer in English আলোচনা কৰোঁ।
Textbook Question Answer
Class 6 Science Chapter 5 Question Answer in English ত আমি প্ৰথমতে আলোচনা কৰিব গৈ আছো Exercise ত দিয়া প্ৰশ্নবোৰৰ উত্তৰ।
1. Why do we need to separate different components of a mixture? Give two examples.
Ans: Among different components of a mixture there are many substances which are harmful or not useful for us. To remove these harmful or unuseful components we need to separate them. For example:
a) Tea leaves are separated from the liquid with a strainer while preparing tea.
b) Stone pieces from wheat, rice or pulses are picked out by hand.
2. What is winnowing? Where is it used?
Ans: Winnowing is used to separate heavier and lighter components of a mixture by wind or by blowing air. This process is used by farmers to separate lighter husk particles from heavier seeds of grain
3. How will you separate husk or dirt particles from a given sample of pulses before cooking?
Ans: Husk or dirt particles can be separated by winnowing, being lighter they will fly away from pulses.
4. What is Sieving? Where can it be used?
Ans. Sieving is a process by which fine particles are separated from bigger particles by using a sieve. It is used in flour mills or at construction sites. In the flour mill, impurities like husks and stones are removed from wheat. Pebbles and stones are removed from the sand by sieving.
5. How will you separate sand and water from their mixture?
Ans. We will separate sand and water by sedimentation and decantation methods. First, we leave this mixture for some time. After some time, the sand which is; heavier is settled down at the bottom. After that, we will pour water into another container and the mixture will be separated.
6. Is it possible to separate sugar mixed with wheat flour? If yes, how will you do it?
Ans. Sugar can be separated from wheat flour by sieving. Due to the difference in the size of particles, sugar will stay on a sieve and wheat flour will pass through it.
7. How would you obtain clear water from a sample of muddy water?
Ans. We will obtain clear water from a sample of muddy water by the process of filtration.
A filter paper is one such filter that has very fine pores in it. Figure 5.12(a, b) shows the steps involved in using a filter paper. A filter paper folded in the form of a cone is fixed in a funnel. The mixture is then poured on the filter paper. Solid particles in the mixture do not pass through it and remain on the filter.
8. Fill in the blanks:
(a) The method of separating the seeds of paddy from its stalks is called——–.
(b) When milk, cooled after boiling, is poured onto a piece of cloth the cream (malai) is left behind on it. This process of separating cream from milk is an example of ______.
(c) Salt is obtained from seawater by the process of _______.
(d) Impurities settled at the bottom when muddy water was kept overnight in a bucket. The clear water was then poured off from the top. The process of separation used in this example is called ______.
Ans. Sedimentation and decantation
9. True or false?
(a) A mixture of milk and water can be separated by filtration.
(b) A mixture of powdered salt and sugar can be separated by the process of winnowing.
(c) Separation of sugar from tea can be done with filtration.
(d) Grain and husk can be separated with the process of decantation.
10. Lemonade is prepared by mixing lemon juice and sugar in water. You wish to add ice to cool it. Should you add ice to the lemonade before or after dissolving sugar? In which case would it be possible to dissolve more sugar?
Ans. We should add ice after dissolving the sugar. When the temperature is high then more sugar can be dissolved. After mixing ice it gets cool and less sugar will dissolve in it.
Additional Question Answer
Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Question Answer ত আমি যি Additional Question Answer দিবলৈ চেষ্টা কৰিছোঁ সেই সকলোবোৰৰ ভিতৰত আছে কিছু গুৰুত্বপূৰ্ণ অতি চমু প্ৰশ্ন উত্তৰ, কিছু চমু প্ৰশ্ন উত্তৰ আৰু কেইটামান দীঘল প্ৰশ্ন উত্তৰ। তেন্তে আহক আমি আলোচনা আৰম্ভ কৰোঁ।
Very Short Type Question Answer
1. What is strainer?
Ans. A strainer is a kind of sieve that is used to separate a liquid from a solid.
2. Name the method used to separate cream from curd.
3. How will you separate mango from a mixture of mango and apple?
Ans. By picking.
4. You are given a mixture of salt and sand. Can you separate them by picking?
Ans. No, we cannot separate them by picking.
5. Name the method used to separate the pieces of stone from the grain.
6. How can you separate grains from stalks?
Ans. We separate grains from stalks by threshing.
7. What types of material can we separate by using handpicking?
Ans. The materials having different sizes and colours can be separated by handpicking.
8. Name the other methods used to separate solid materials of different sizes.
9. Name the process used to separate heavier and lighter components of a mixture.
10. Can the above-stated method be used if both the components have the same weight?
Ans. No, this method cannot be used.
11. What is evaporation?
Ans. The process of conversion of water into vapour is called evaporation.
12. Name the method by which we get salt from ocean water.
13. Define condensation.
Ans. The process of conversion of water vapour into liquid form is called condensation.
14. Write the opposite process of evaporation.
7. What is evaporation?
Ans. The process of conversion of water into vapour is called evaporation. This process takes place continuously where water is present. Common salt from seawater is obtained using this method.
8. Define winnowing.
Ans. The process used to separate components from a mixture in which one component is heavier or lighter than another is called winnowing. Winnowing is done with the help of wind or by blowing air.
9. What do you mean by sieving? Give an example.
Ans. Sieving allows the fine flour particles to pass through the holes of the sieve while the bigger particles or impurities remain on the sieve. For example, in a flour mill, impurities like husk and stones are removed from wheat before grinding it.
Important Short Type Question Answer
1. What is a mixture?
Ans. When two or more two substances are mixed together in any ratio then it is called a mixture.
2. Write various methods of separation of components from their mixture.
3. Define the term handpicking.
Ans. The process used to separate slightly larger particles from a mixture by hand is called handpicking. For example: Stone pieces can be separated from wheat or rice by handpicking.
4. What do you mean by threshing? Where is it used?
Ans. Threshing is a process in which we separate grain from stalks. This process is used by farmers to separate gram, wheat, rice, and mustard seeds in their fields.
5. Write three methods of separation.
Ans. Handpicking, threshing and winnowing.
6. How will you separate oil and water from their mixture?
Ans. Oil, being lighter than water, will float on it. Two distinct layers are formed and slowly oil is allowed to flow into another container and is separated from water. A separating funnel can also be used to separate the two.
Important Long Question Answer
1. What is threshing?
Ans. Threshing is a process that is used to separate grain from stalks. In this process, the stalks are beaten to free the grain seeds. Sometimes threshing is done with the help of bullocks. Machines are also used to thresh large quantities of grain.
2. Describe the method to obtain salt from seawater.
Ans. Sea water contains many salts mixed in it. One of them is common salt when seawater is allowed to stand in shallow pits, water gets evaporated by sunlight and slowly turns into water vapour. In a few days, the water evaporates completely leaving behind the solid salts. Common salt is then obtained from this mixture of salts by further purification.
3. What is decantation?
Ans. Decantation is a process, of separation of insoluble solids from liquid. The suspension of solid particles in a liquid is allowed to stand for some time. The solid particles then settle down at the bottom of the container and clean water goes up. Without disturbing the settled particles the clean water is transferred into another container.
4. Where is decantation used? Give two examples.
- Decantation is used to separate insoluble solids or liquids from liquids. Rainwater is a mixture of mud and water. It is purified by decantation.
- Oil and water also get separated by this method because oil floats up.
5. How will you prepare cheese (paneer)?
Ans. For making paneer, a few drops of lemon juice are added to milk as it boils. This gives a mixture of particles of solid paneer and liquid. The paneer is then separated by filtering the mixture through a fine cloth or strainer.
6. Explain the method that can be used for separating the following mixture:
(i) Sand and husk
(ii) Wheat, sugar and stalk
(iii) Water and petrol
(iv) Rice and salt
(v) Sand and salt
- The mixture of sand and husk: Sand and husk can be separated by the method of winnowing.
- The mixture of wheat, sugar, and stalk: For separating the stalk from the mixture we should follow the winnowing method because milk is lighter than the other two components and gets separated. Wheat and sugar can be separated by sieving because they are in different sizes.
- A mixture of water and petrol: Water does not dissolve in petrol. So, it can be separated by the use of a separating funnel.
- A mixture of rice and salt: Rice and salt can be separated by sieving.
- A mixture of sand and salt: Sand and salt are mixed with water, salt dissolves in water and sand can be separated solution by sedimentation and decantation followed by filtration. After that using evaporation common salt is separated.